Manage your IM Network through the Web Control Panel
To manage your private Brosix Instant messaging network, go to Web Control Panel and log in with your Network Name and password.
The following sections are the sections listed in Brosix Control Panel:
- My Network section – This is the home page of the Control Panel. There are located few quick links to the main sections.
- Settings section – The Settings section has 6 subsections from which you can customize your IM network.
- Users section – Here are listed all users in your IM network and you can manage them. More details are available in the Create and manage your Network users tutorial
- Licenses – Here are listed all licenses that you have purchased.
- Order – Each user account in your Instant Messaging Network is supported by a user license. You can purchase user licenses in blocks. Select the plan that is most appropriate for you and click the “Order” button on the right. The number of users you select will be added to your existing user licenses.
- Download – This section provides links to download Brosix application for your private Instant Messaging network.
- Support – If you need any Technical or Sales support, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to assist you.
From this section you can customize your IM network.
Login info – Here you can change your Network login password.
Contact Info – If you wish to change the main Administrator details, you can process through this section. Please, make sure you always keep this information up to date. In case we need to contact you this is the only option we can use.
Configurations – In this subsection are located very useful items – the “Welcome Module”, “Users Activity Log” and the “Autostart”.
Welcome Module – If you enable this option, an extra button will appear in the “Actions” menu of all Brosix applications used by your users. You are able to customize the Title and the URL of this button. It is very useful, because you can set your company URL for example, and your users will have a quick access to your website anytime. If you check “Show at Start”, the URL will be opened in user’s web browser each time Brosix is started.
If you check the box Enabled for “Users Activity Log“, all the activity between the users in your instant messaging network will be saved, so you can review it from the Web Control Panel. Brosix will store chat sessions and information about files transferred, calls made etc.
Autostart Module – If enabled, Brosix will always start when the user logs in Windows. The option in the Brosix application will be hidden so the users won’t be able to disable the auto-start.
Options – In this subsection you can manage your Network registration options. By using the “Allow new registrations” option, you can deny new registrations in your network in order to
control the number of participants or simply to protect it. The option “Any-to-Any registrations” can provide all your network members with the contacts of the rest using this network automatically. This will save a lot of time for each user to add contacts manually. If “Allow contacts” option is checked, the users of your network will be able to add other members of the same network to their contact lists through the Brosix application.
Module permissions – Here you can disable or enable modules for the entire network. Each module represents a feature in Brosix application. The configuration you make here will be applied to all users that will be created in the future. You can enable/disable modules by double clicking on them or by using the buttons at the bottom.
Custom logo – If Custom Logo is enabled, your company logo will be displayed on Brosix download site and on Brosix account site. Having your logo on these places will improve your users experience as they will have a visual confirmation they are working with your IM network.
Brosix Web Control Panel is a feature available only in Brosix Enterprise.