Secure Chatting Rooms for Team Collaboration
Group chat for everyone!
One of the benefits of using an IM Network is the ability to facilitate group communication at a distance. At times, you may want to create a dedicated space for a specific topic with a specific group of people. With the Chat Rooms Feature you can do just that, creating a long-lasting discussion space for a specific group of friends or colleagues. This allows you to have recurring group communication on your IM Network.
Brosix’s Chat Room Feature allows you to create long-lasting group communication channels for a set group of users on the Brosix IM Network.
Chat Room Highlights:
Brosix Chat Rooms have a wide range of functionality and features, including:
- Permanent chat rooms for ongoing collaboration that are quick to set up
- The ability to easily add and remove participants as necessary
- Easy accessibility of all chat rooms through your contact list
- Chat history for your chat rooms
- Message notifications for all users who are currently logged off of the Brosix Network the next time they log on
- Accessing a range of other Brosix collaboration features through the chat room
Creating a Chat Room:
You can set up a Chat Room with a few simple steps.
- Select the chat room icon () in your contact list or in an active chat. You can also select the “Create chat room” option in the actions menu.
- From the “Create Chat Room” window, you can name the chat room and add members to the “participants list.”
- Click the “Create” button to launch your chat room and begin chatting!
Managing a Chat Room:
- From the chat room window you can add participants by clicking on the “Add people to this chat room” button:
- Add or remove participants from the “Invite people to Chat Room” window.
Exiting a Chat Room:
- Click on the small “Leave Room” icon located in the upper right corner of the chat room window.
- Please note that in order to rejoin the chat room an active participant will need to add you.
You can find more detailed information on setting up a Chat Room here. All your chat rooms are conveniently shown in your Contacts List for easy access. Messages sent in a chat room are immediately delivered to online users, and users who are offline will receive the messages the next time they log on.