45 Productivity Quotes to Give You the Motivation You Need to Conquer a New Workday
Worldwide lockdowns caused by the COVID19 pandemic, travel restrictions, and the curtailment of various events mean that people now, more than ever, need extra moral support.
When reflecting on how the current social context has influenced people’s productivity in the workplace, we must acknowledge the benefits of remote work.
As data indicates, 77% of remote workers report being more productive when working from home. This may be thanks to the fact that they have fewer distractions at home. Or because they have the opportunity to live a more balanced life, saving time previously spent on commuting. Whatever the reason, the facts and numbers speak for themselves.
However, even when working remotely, there’s no guarantee every day will be a productive one. You know how it is; unfortunately, sometimes inspiration just doesn’t knock on the door.
However, there are times when it is required – especially when working in creative industries. You need to be able to summon inspiration, but from where and how?! In times of need, other people’s experiences and sayings can be an exceptional guiding light.
Therefore, for those days when you need some motivation, here are a couple of quotes for a productive day to lift your spirits.
- “Productivity is being able to do things that you were never able to do before.”- Franz Kafka
- “There’s a tendency to mistake preparation for productivity. You can prepare all you want, but if you never roll the dice you’ll never be successful.” – Shia LaBeouf
- “Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell ’em, ‘Certainly I can!’ Then get busy and find out how to do it.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Over the long run, the unglamorous habit of frequency fosters both productivity and creativity.” – Gretchen Rubin
- “Focus on being productive instead of busy.” – Tim Ferriss
- “Creativity isn’t about wild talent as much as it’s about productivity. To find new ideas that work, you need to try a lot that don’t. It’s a pure numbers game.” – Robert Sutton
- “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” – Paul J. Meyer
- “Don’t confuse activity with productivity. Many people are simply busy being busy.” – Robin Sharma
- “Knowledge is the source of wealth. Applied to tasks we already know, it becomes productivity. Applied to tasks that are new, it becomes innovation.” – Peter Drucker
- “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” – Stephen King
- “Working on the right thing is probably more important than working hard.” – Caterina Fake
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “Nothing is particularly hard when you divide it into small jobs.” – Henry Ford
- “Great acts are made up of small deeds.” – Lao Tzu
- “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” – Dale Carnegie
- “If you have time to whine then you have time to find a solution.” – Dee Dee Artner
- “Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.” – Mark Twain
- “Start by doing what is necessary, then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Saint Francis of Assisi
- “Time management is about life management.” – Idowu Koyenikan
- “Soon is not as good as now.” – Seth Godin
- “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
- “It’s not always that we need to do more but rather that we need to focus on less.” – Nathan W. Morris
- “Efficiency is doing better what is already being done.”- Peter Drucker
- “Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Ordinary people think merely of spending time, great people think of using it.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
- “Efficiency is doing things right. Effectiveness is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker
- “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.”- Coco Chanel
- “Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Time management is not a peripheral activity or skill. It is the core skill upon which everything else in life depends.” – Brian Tracy
- “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
- “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
- ”The true price of anything you do is the amount of time you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “There is never enough time to do it right, but there is always enough time to do it over.” – John W. Bergman
- “It’s not knowing what to do; it’s doing what you know.” – Tony Robbins
- “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” – Jean-Baptiste Poqeulin (Moliere)
- “You can’t get much done in life if you only work on days when you feel good.” – Jerry West
- “No great achiever – even those who made it seem easy – ever succeeded without hard work.” – Jonathan Sacks
- Greatness is sifted through the grind, therefore don’t despise the hard work now for surely it will be worth it in the end.”- Sanjo Jendayi
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. – Amelia Earhart
- “Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz
- “Someday is not a day of the week.” – Janet Dailey
- “Plans are nothing; planning is everything.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.”- George Lorimer
- “Effective performance is preceded by painstaking preparation” – Brian Tracy
Important lessons from these quotes
The productivity motivational quotes above are the product of some of the greatest minds in the world, of people who have known incredible success through hard work.
However, we all know success is not achieved simply by thinking of it. Gaining true success requires, above all, perseverance.
To sum up the most important takeaways from these quotes on productivity, we’ll give you the following four actionable insights that we hope you’ll find useful.
- Productivity is intrinsically linked to time management – schedule your tasks and learn to prioritize your most important work. If you feel that your workload is too heavy, talk about it with your superiors. Solutions can always be found – but remember to be honest about your work volume.
- Avoid distractions – do what’s in your power to not get caught up in things that can interrupt your focus, especially if you have control over some of these factors. Things like having the TV on, or opening tabs in your browser with your social media accounts are better avoided during the workday if you genuinely want to be productive.
- Segment bigger tasks into smaller sections. Setting milestones when working on a more complicated project will prevent you from feeling overwhelmed by its many components. Moreover, by checking each milestone accomplished off the list, you’ll have a feeling of satisfaction that will act as a drive towards the completion of the remaining ones. Let’s not forget that Rome wasn’t built in a day.
- Combat procrastination by deciding to act right away – if a certain assignment troubles you, perhaps because you don’t have experience handling such a task, think of it like this: what better way to start learning than by doing, right now? The sooner you face the challenges it poses and make mistakes you can learn from, the closer you’ll get to a better version of yourself and the faster you’ll develop your skills.
Having a productive day depends on how you choose to spend it and how you direct your energy and attention.
How can Brosix help increase productivity in the workplace?
Successful communication between employees is one of the most important aspects of productivity in the workplace.
As an easy-to-use instant messaging platform, Brosix is one of the most effective solutions to homogenize an organization’s internal communication.
Thanks to its ability to improve communication among co-workers, which ultimately leads to improved results and, therefore, increased productivity, Brosix may be the tool your company needs for more motivated employees!
Having a productive day is influenced by so many factors. From the way you woke up, to how a meeting went during the day.
Hopefully, these 45 quotes on productivity will offer you the motivation you need for those days when tasks and deadlines seem overwhelming.
Now your turn – do you have any quotes for a productive day that you’d like to share? Feel free to let us know in the comments.